Things To Do in Broken Bow

Canoe Rentals

Ambush Adventures
3 mi. E Hwy 70, Broken Bow

WW Canoe Rental
5 mi. E Hwy 70, Broken Bow

Wild Goose Canoe & Kayak Rentals

River Rat Canoe & Kayak Rentals 
580-584-6225 or 580-236-1099 

Broken Bow Mountain Fork River


Mt. Fork River, Broken Bow, OK

(Located in Beavers Bend Resort Park )
Bumper boats, paddle boats, canoes, swim beach



Mostly Memories
117 N Main, Broken Bow

Janet’s Treasurer Chest
hwy 259 in Hochatown


Beavers Bend Marina
12 mi. N Hwy 259
[email protected]

Tangled Webb Advetures
HWY 259 Broken Bow, OK

Bandits ATV & Boat Rentals
9160 North US Highway 259, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(580) 494-3333

Economy Boat Rentals
53 Rose Ln, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(405) 826-4998


On The Rivers Fly Fishing Co.
Julie Mattson
Lower Mountain Fork River
Broken Bow, OK

Beavers Bend Fly Fishing Guide
Chris Schatte
Fly Fish Beavers Bend
Jenny Mayrell-Woodruff
Lower Mountain Fork River, Oklahoma

Mike Crappie Guide Service
Mike Scarborough
Broken Bow Lake, Oklahoma

The Wright Guide
Ethan Wright
580-494-6109 or 580-236-0600

Broken Bow Lake Guide Service
Bryce Archey
580-494-6447 or 870-582-4561

Three Rivers Fly Shop
7 mi. N Hwy 259
580-494-6115 or 580-241-5644
[email protected]

DFW Fly Casting
Eric Jackson

Clayton’s Bass Guide Service
Kyle Clayton
Broken Bow Lake, OK
(580) 703-7206

4 Seasons Fishing Guide Service
Jerry Walthall
Broken Bow Lake, Ok
(580) 306-8149


A to Z Guest Ranch Trail Riding  
30 minutes North
Reservations Recommended

Riverman Trail Rides & Stables 
20 minutes West
Reservations recommended

Glover River Trail Rides
located 25 miles in Battiest area
580-241-5763 or 580-306-2867

Beavers Bend Depot
(Inside Beavers Bend Park

Beavers Bend Resort Park & Hochatown Park
7 mi. N Hwy 259


Beavers Bend Resort Park & Hochatown Park
7 mi. N Hwy 259


License Information

Beavers Bend and its surrounding forests, lakes, rivers and wetlands are an ideal destination for anglers. But before you pack up your gear and head this way, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the area’s fishing regulations and licensing requirements.

Oklahoma fishing license fees and requirements:

An Oklahoma resident or nonresident* fishing license is required of all persons who take, attempt to take or possess fish or other aquatic dwelling organisms by any method in Oklahoma. Persons fishing the Red River must have a valid Oklahoma fishing license unless exempt. Anyone hunting, fishing or trapping must possess the Fishing and Hunting Legacy Permit, unless exempt. Persons fishing on water located within the Honobia Creek or Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas must have a valid Land Access Permit, unless exempt. All required licenses or written evidence of exemption must be carried while fishing.

*A nonresident is any individual who is a resident of another state or who has resided in Oklahoma for fewer than 60 days, regardless of whether he or she intends to reside in Oklahoma permanently. Land ownership does not constitute residency.

Visit the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation’s website for current licensing fees, exemption information and statewide fishing regulations.

Oklahoma Resident

Fishing (Annual): $25

Fishing (2-Day): $15

Youth Fishing (16 & 17 years old): $5/Year

Lifetime Fishing: $225

Lifetime Fishing (60 & Older): $15

Non Resident

Fishing (Annual): $55

Fishing (6-Day): $35

Some areas in McCurtain County are subject to special fishing regulations and restrictions. For more information on the regulations in specific areas, click the corresponding link below.

Broken Bow Lake
Ouachita National Forest
Pine Creek Lake
Glover River
Little River
Lower Mountain Fork River
Honobia Creek/Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas

McCurtain county game warden offices:

Broken Bow — 580-513-4651
Idabel — 580-513-4963
Smithville — 580-513-6866


Need to purchase a fishing license? Pick one up at the local Wal-Mart or at one of the many area convenience stores selling fishing licenses.

Note: Look for the sticker on the door that specifies they do.

Happy casting!


Cedar Creek Golf Course
12 miles North of Broken Bow

Idabel Country Club 

Fitness Trainer & Gym

BMW Fitness

8843 N US Hwy 259
Broken Bow, OK


Rugaru Adventures Ziplining Tour
Zipline Broken Bow Lake!
2658 Stevens Gap Rd, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(580) 494-2947

Broken Bow Lake Duck Boat Tours
2820 Stevens Gap Rd (7.35 mi)
Hochatown, Oklahoma 74728
(580) 494-3825

Beavers Bend Mining Company
9221 North US Highway 259, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(580) 494-6102

Jet Boat Joe’s-Thrill Ride on Water
242 Stevens Gap Rd Broken Bow, OK

Hochatown Petting Zoo
9177 US-259, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(580) 494-7387

Hochatown Amusements (Gopher Golf)
Putt Putt Golf & Go Carts

Broken Bow Lake, OK

263 Crooked Oaks Ln Broken Bow, OK

Beavers Bend State Park Broken Bow, OK

125 North Lukfata Trail Road
(580) 579-8901

McCurtain Cenima
3600 NE Lincoln Rd Idabel, Ok

Rocket Roller Rink
1314 Southeast Washington Street Idabel, OK

Us 259 North Broken Bow, OK

Choctaw Casino – Broken Bow
South Park Drive, Broken Bow

Choctaw Casino – Idabel
1425 Southeast Washington Street Idabel, OK


Beavers Bend Wildlife Museum
7 mi. N Hwy 259
[email protected]

Museum of the Red River
812 E Lincoln Road, Idabel
10-5 Tues thru Sat • 1-5 Sundays
Closed Mondays & Major Holidays

Forest Heritage Center
Beavers Bend Resort Park
[email protected]

Gardner Mansion and Museum
Located 6 miles east of Broken Bow
Call 580-584-6588 for an appointment

Millerton, OK


A Servants Hand Massage Therapist LLC.
Serving Southeast Oklahoma – Performs In Cabin Massages
(580) 703-3209

7 1/2 North Central Idabel, OK 74745


Body Harmony
Broken Bow

Treetop Wellness Spa
80 Timber Creek Trails
Broken Bow, OK 74728
Phone: (580) 612-7721

The Hochatown Salon & Spa
28 Crooked Oaks Ln
Broken Bow, OK 74728
[email protected]


Bravo Custom Cabins
Kenny Dority
396 Old Hochatown Rd, Broken Bow, OK 74728
(903) 669-7141

Legend Investments
Jeff Roach

Downing Construction INC.
8935 N US 259 Broken Bow, Oklahoma 74728
(580) 236-1313

Dowl Anderson

Emergency Contact Information

Call 911! Then What?

In the event of an emergency, contact the appropriate agency or service provider below. Better yet, print this information and keep it on your person while exploring Beavers Bend.

Emergency Information: 

Fire Departments
Battiest: 580-241-5501
Broken Bow: 580-584-2424
Garvin: 580-286-2044
Haworth: 580-245-1123
Emergency: 580-494-6333
Non: 580-494-6478
Idabel: 911
Millerton: 580-746-2444
Rufe: 580-876-3737
Tom: 580-245-1539
Valliant: 580-933-4545
Wright City: 580-981-2757

Wrecker Service
Gammon Wrecker
Broken Bow

Mundell Wrecker & Salvage
Broken Bow

Steel, Archie & Son Wrecker Service

Area Chambers of Commerce 
Broken Bow
113 West MLK Drive
Broken Bow, OK 74728

7 SW Texas Street
Idabel, OK 74745

16 N. Dalton
Valliant, OK 74764

Veterinary Hospitals
Broken Bow Animal Hospital
South of Broken Bow

Idabel Veterinary Clinic

A-1 John’s Locksmith

Jackson’s Lock Service
Wright City

Police Departments
Broken Bow: 580-584-3310
Haworth: 580-245-2369
Idabel: 911
Valliant: 580-933-4555
Wright City: 580-981-2238

McCurtain County
County Clerk: 580-286-2370
County Commissioners Office: 580-286-3209
County Judge: 580-286-2171
District Attorney: 580-286-7611
Court Clerk: 580-286-3693
District Court Special Judge: 580-286-2221
District Judge: 580-286-2171

City Halls
Broken Bow: 580-584-2282
Idabel: 580-286-7608
Valliant: 580-933-4556
Haworth: 580-245-2369
Garvin: 580-286-2200
Wright City: 580-981-2100

Hospitals and Clinics
Kiamichi Family Medical Center:
Battiest: 580-241-5294 or 800-381-8289
Idabel: 580-286-6688
McCurtain County Memorial Hospital
Idabel: 580-286-7623
Tender Loving Care Family Clinic
Broken Bow: (580) 584-2643

Chandler-Hewitt Drug
Broken Bow

Eddie Allen Pharmacy
Broken Bow

Pruett’s Pharmacy
Broken Bow

Raney Drug

Sherrill’s Pharmacy
Broken Bow
580-584-3353 or after hours 580-286-1180

Simpson Pharmacy
Broken Bow


Hunting Licenses

License Information

Beavers Bend and its surrounding forests, lakes, rivers and wetlands are an ideal destination for hunters. But before you pack up your gear and head this way, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the area’s hunting regulations and licensing requirements.

Oklahoma hunting license fees and requirements:

For nonresidents, a hunting license is any one of the following:

Annual Hunting License (not valid for deer)
5-Day Hunting License (not valid for deer, pheasant or turkey)
Lifetime Hunting License* (not valid for deer or turkey)
Lifetime Combination Hunting/Fishing License* (not valid for deer or turkey)

*The Lifetime Nonresident Small Game Hunting and Lifetime Nonresident Combination Small Game Hunting/Fishing licenses are no longer available. However, these licenses will be honored for persons already possessing one.

For current information on hunter education requirements in Oklahoma, see the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation’s website.

Some areas in McCurtain County are subject to special fishing regulations and restrictions. For more information on the regulations in specific areas, click the corresponding link below.

Broken Bow Lake
Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area
McCurtain County Wilderness Area
Ouachita Wildlife Management Area
Pine Creek Lake
Red Slough Wildlife Management Area

McCurtain county game warden offices:

Broken Bow — 580-513-4651
Idabel — 580-513-4963
Smithville — 580-513-6866

ATV Rules and Regulations

McCurtain County ATV Rules for the Road

The Ouachita National Forest and Honobia Creek Wildlife Management are the only areas available in the county for legal public use of off highway vehicles. A deer hunting license is required for the Honobia Creek Wildlife Management area and is only open to ATV riding during deer hunting season. Same rules apply to Three Rivers WMA.

Listed below are rules and regulations for off-highway vehicle (OHV) use in the Ouachita National Forest, Honobia Creek and Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas. OHVs include ATVs, 4-wheelers, 3-wheelers, utility vehicles such as mules, and motorcycles. For a more pleasant visit, please take a moment to review the following:

All USFS land/roads south of U.S. 70 are closed to ATV riding especially on the forest floor. USFS lands in Leflore county are the same as the McCurtain county unit with the exception of designated ATV roads in Leflore county.

  • The speed limit on the Ouachita WMA as well as all other WMA’s is 25 MPH for all vehicles including street legal and ATV’s.
  • All ATV’s including motorcycles, UTV’s etc. are required to have a USFS approved spark arrestor in working order. Loud modified exhausts are prohibited as well and could be in violation of ODWC rules for Department Managed Lands (WMA’s)
  • The use or possession of alcoholic beverages or low point beer is prohibited by forest order on the Ouachita National Forest
  • OHVs may be used on open unpaved National Forest roads constructed and intended for normal or regular motor vehicle use. A road is considered closed if there is a sign, gate, or other barricade, including a dirt mound, blocking the road. Prior illegal OHV use does not imply permission to ride off the open road. So, just because someone else went around or over that dirt mound that is closing the road doesn’t mean you should do the same. You could receive a fine. You can drive on unpaved county roads but only in the National Forest – not elsewhere.
  • There are places where trails have been illegally used across the forest floor – be aware these are not open roads and are not legal to use for riding. Make sure it is obviously a road before using it – if you aren’t sure then call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402.
  • In McCurtain County north of Broken Bow, OHV use is not permitted on the forest floor (off-road). Throughout LeFlore County, and in McCurtain County south of Hwy 70, dispersed OHV use is currently permitted on the forest floor. The regulations are subject to change, so please call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402 if you are unsure whether OHV use is permitted in a given area.
  • A state law is in effect on public lands that requires anyone under the age of 18 to wear a helmet while riding an OHV, and prohibits passengers on OHVs that were not made to carry passengers (after-market modifications do not count).
  • OHVs are not allowed on trails designated solely for other uses, including hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian use. Currently there are no designated OHV trails on the forest floor in Oklahoma except for the Indian Nations Trail in LeFlore County, where only motorcycles are allowed.
  • Driving on powerlines, pipelines, seismic lines, fire lines, or railroad right-of-ways is prohibited.
  • Driving on, or crossing, a paved road is prohibited.
  • Driving in streambeds, creek beds, lake beds, or shorelines is prohibited.
  • Make sure your vehicle is in good condition with an approved spark arrester.
  • Use the appropriate safety gear – helmet (required if under 18), eye protection, boots, and gloves.
  • Obey speed limits and be considerate of other visitors. When encountering horse riders stop and yield the right-of-way since horses may be spooked by motorized vehicles.

The reason for the rules:

Heavy or irresponsible OHV use can wreak havoc on the environment. Miles of unplanned trails from heavy OHV use on the forest floor can damage watersheds, destroy habitats, kill native plant and animal species, and pollute streams and rivers.

To help preserve these resources and the continued opportunities for you to enjoy using your vehicle on public lands, we ask that you observe the guidelines listed above and report violations.

Riding in closed areas can result in a fine of up to $300.

For more information, please call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402.

Effective August 1, 2008, all OHV riding on the Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area is prohibited except by licensed deer hunters during the period of Oct. 1 – Jan. 15. All OHV riders must wear a fluorescent orange chest and head covering while operating an OHV. If a crash helmet is worn, then only a fluorescent orange chest covering is required. Consult the Oklahoma Hunting Guide for additional restrictions.

Boating and Watercraft Laws

Laws of the Water

There’s no better place in the region for boating of all kinds than the crystal clear lakes and rivers of Beavers Bend.

Make Your Day On The Water Safe And Enjoyable For You And Everyone Around You, Please Review These Boating Safety Regulations And Watercraft Laws.

Oklahoma Boating Law Basics:Education Requirements and Age & Operator Restrictions

Restrictions for Children Under 12 – No person under the age of 12 may operate a vessel powered by a motor or combination of motors in excess of ten (10) horsepower, a personal watercraft (PWC) or any sail-powered vessel sixteen (16) feet or greater in length, they:

  • Must possess during operation, a boating safety education certificate indicating they have successfully passed a state approved boating course or equivalency exam and
  • Must be supervised by a competent adult who is at least 18 years of age. If the vessel is a PWC, the adult must be visually supervising within 500 yards of the PWC. If the vessel is other than a PWC, the supervising adult must be on board and in position to take immediate control.

Proof of Identity and Boating Education – All vessel operators must carry with them during operation either their boating safety education certificate/card as approved by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety or photo identification proving the operator is at least 16 years of age.
Non-Residents & Visiting Boaters – Visiting boaters who have completed another state’s boating safety course as recognized by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and approved by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety are exempt from Oklahoma’s boater education requirement.

Laws for Required Wearing of PFDs:

In addition to the federal PFD carriage requirements, Oklahoma has the following requirements for wearing a PFD:

  • If boating on a vessel that is less than 26 feet in length, children under the age of 13 must wear a Coast Guard approved PFD whenever underway.
  • Every person on board a personal watercraft (PWC), sailboard, or any person being towed behind a vessel must wear a Coast Guard approved Type I, II, III or V PFD. Ski belts do not meet this requirement and should be carried aboard as excess equipment only. Inflatable PFDs are not intended for use while participating in tow activities or other high impact sports.


Reckless & Negligent Operation:

No person shall operate any vessel or manipulate water skis or similar towed devices in a reckless or negligent manner. The failure to exercise the degree of care necessary to prevent endangering life, limb, or property is considered reckless and negligent.
Some activities considered Reckless or Careless Operation in Oklahoma –

  • Speeding in no-wake zones or boating in areas marked as restricted.
  • Operating at excessive speed in congested areas and at times of restricted ability.
  • Allowing a passenger to ride on the gunwale, bow, transom or in any other position obviously dangerous is illegal when operating at greater than idle speed unless the boat has adequately designed guards or railing of at least 24 inches.
  • Operating or giving permission to operate a boat or PWC when wind warnings have been posted or other hazardous conditions exist that pose a risk to persons or property.
  • Failing to yield or stop for an authorized emergency vessel making an audible or visible signal.
  • Parking, mooring or beaching a boat at the edge of or within a marked swimming area.

Additional laws that apply to personal watercraft (PWC)

  • A PWC may not be operated between sunset and sunrise unless equipped with required navigation lights.
  • If the PWC is equipped with an emergency engine cut off lanyard, then it must be properly attached between the operator and the cut-off switch during operation.
  • It is illegal to weave your PWC through congested traffic or swerve at the last minute to avoid a collision.
  • It is illegal to disturb, chase or harass wildlife with your PWC.

Special Activities, Restrictions & Requirements:

  • Watercraft used to tow a water skier or similar device must have the capacity to accommodate 2 or more people.
  • In addition to the boat operator, a person of at least 8 years of age must be aboard to observe the person being towed. The exception to this is if the boat is equipped with a wide angle convex mirror or mirrors so that the operator can face forward and still be in a position to observe the participant at all times.
  • When towing a person on water skis or similar device, the participant must wear a properly fitting vest style PFD approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
  • You may not tow a parasailer, skier or similar device between sunset and sunrise.
  • Vessels engaged in scuba diving and snorkeling must display a red and white diver down flag measuring at least 20 inches by 2 inches with 4 inches of white. You may not post a diver down flag with the intent of diving or snorkeling within 100 yards to any functional boat ramp.
  • Vessels engaged in diving activity and are restricted in their ability to maneuver, must hoist a blue and white alpha flag that measures when conducting operations in federal and international waters.
  • It is illegal to transport firearms or discharge weapons from a vessel except for the legal purposes of hunting animals and fowl.

Operating Under the Influence:

Operating a boat while intoxicated is a federal offense. State Boating Under the Influence (BUI) are becoming more stringent. As on the roadways, on-water enforcement officers may administer sobriety tests and conduct a blood alcohol content (BAC) examination.

  • No person shall operate any vessel, personal watercraft, water skis or similar device while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • Boaters who have a BAC of 0.10% or greater as measured in the person’s breath or blood are considered to be under the influence, or any operator that is under the influence of another intoxicating substance to a degree that makes him or her incapable of safe operation is considered BUI.
  • Oklahoma law prescribes fines and possible jail times for those who violate state BUI laws.
  • By operating your vessel in the water of Oklahoma, you have consented to be tested for drugs or alcohol if requested by a peace officer. Refusal to submit to testing may result in increased penalties upon conviction.

Registration and Titling Requirements
All motorized vessels used principally in the waters of Oklahoma, must be titled and registered. The following are the only exceptions:

  • Boats properly registered in another state using Oklahoma waters for less than 60 consecutive days.
  • Vessels federally documented with the U.S. Coast Guard. However, federally documented vessels using Oklahoma waters for more than 60 consecutive days must be registered with Oklahoma and display a current validation decal – display of Oklahoma registration number is not required.
  • Non-motorized boats that are propelled manually, like canoes, kayaks, rowboats, punts and rubber rafts.

To register your vessel, you must visit one of the 300 motor license agents statewide or Write or Call:

Oklahoma Tax Commission
Motor Vehicle Division
2501 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73194
(405) 521-3221

Once in receipt of required information, fees and applicable taxes, the state will issue a Certificate of Registration. This must be kept aboard the boat at all times and be readily available for inspection by an enforcement officer at all times.
Be sure to keep your boat and motor titles in a safe place – this is your proof of ownership.
The Certificate of Registration and Validation Decals must be renewed each year by June 30th!


Beavers Bend Park Rules & Regulations

Laws of the Land

Stay safe and help preserve the beauty and majesty of the many parks and wildlife areas of McCurtain County by observing these rules and regulations.

Protect the natural and cultural resources of this state park (725:30-4-1).
Trees, shrubs and even dead wood have great value to this park for they provide shelter and food for wildlife. Don’t collect plants, nuts, berries, and wildflowers. The survival of many wildlife species in this park depends upon these sources of food. Don’t catch wildlife or collect such natural features like rocks and fossils. If all visitors took a part of the park home, in time there would be little left to enjoy.

Don’t feed wildlife! 
Much of the food we eat is not suitable for wildlife. Wildlife that learn to beg for food soon become dependent upon such handouts; they forget how to find their natural sources of food. Some wildlife, like raccoons and deer, can become dangerous if they lose their fear of man.

Observe, but don’t disturb, wildlife. For the protection of wildlife and for the safety of your pet, keep all pets on a leash (725:30-4-9). Some wildlife species, such as skunk and raccoon, can transmit rabies.

It is illegal to remove cultural or archeological resources from this park. A use permit, authorized by the park manager, is required for visitors who wish to use a metal detector.

Park regulations prohibit the defacing, marking up, carving or writing of graffiti on natural features, such as trees and rock formations, and on buildings and signs.

Fireworks are prohibited in this state park unless they are part of a sanctioned event (725:30-4-21).

Keep the park and lake free of pollution and litter (725:30-4-8). Use appropriate disposal facilities for waste, sewage and gray water. Gray water can contain phosphates that encourage the growth of algae in lakes. Too much algae in the water deprives fish and other aquatic animals of needed oxygen. When gray water is poured on the ground, it contains food particles that attract insects and rodents.

Campsites for Visitors with a Physical Disability

Visitors with a physical handicap are given preference for the use of those campsites that are designated as handicapped facilities. These camp sites are available on a first come basis for park visitors who have a handicap parking sticker or other verification of physical handicap. Non-handicap visitors can use a handicap campsite if it is not selected by a handicap visitor by early evening; however, such usage is on a night-by night basis.

Be Considerate of Other Park Visitors

State Parks are for the enjoyment of its visitors. In order for all visitors to have an enjoyable and safe outdoor experience, it is important that park rules be followed. Among these rules are:

  • Keep the volume down on your radio, CD player or boom box during the day. Quiet Hours, at night, your radio or other audio equipment must be turned off between 11 PM and 6 AM (725:30-4-6).
  • Keep pets on a leash that is no longer than 10 feet. Don’t leave a pet unattended.
  • Don’t crowd the campsite that’s next to yours. An RV campsite is designed for use by one RV. A children’s tent may also be pitched with the RV, as an extension to the RV site. Vehicles shall not be parked in such a way that they block or prevent other park visitors from using their campsite. (725:30-8-2). In tent camp areas, be considerate of other campers; don’t crowd your neighbor!
  • Obscene language and conduct, and actions that are disorderly or disturb the peace are prohibited. (725:30-4-17).
  • The public consumption of beverages and mixed beverage coolers that are in excess of the 3.2% alcohol by weight is prohibited. The possession and/or consumption of beer or any other intoxicating beverage, including mixed beverage coolers, by a person under 21 years of age is prohibited.

For Your Safety:

  • Glass containers or glass materials are not permitted in designated swimming areas.
  • Swimming is not permitted within 100 feet of boat ramps and docks.
  • Firearms can be carried on park property with proper concealed carry or open carry licensing. Firearms are not permitted in any state office building such as the Forest Heritage Center or Beavers Bend State Park Administrative Offices.
  • Motorists are to abide by all roadway speed limits and other traffic safety signage.
  • Under the following conditions golf carts can be used on certain park roadways by park visitors (operators) who have a physical disability. The operator must provide the park office with verification of their disability and they must have a valid driver’s license. A certificate is issued to the operators. The golf cart can only be operated on roads that have speed limits of 25 mph or less.

Help Keep This Park Clean!
Please Don’t Litter!

  • Never take glass containers to a beach area.
  • Thank you for using trash receptacles and dumpster in the park.
  • For trail users and fishermen, if you pack it in, please pack it out!

Never Forget Fire Safety

  • Protect this park from wildfire (725:30-4-7).
  • Please follow all safety practices in building a campfire.
  • Never use gasoline or kerosene to start a fire or barbecue grill.
  • Campfires must be contained in a fire ring. Do not chop down standing trees or cut live tree branches to build a fire. Only use dead branches that are already on the ground.
  • Don’t build a large bonfire. Bonfires can be unsafe and they waste the wood that is used as fuel.
  • Never leave a fire unattended. When you leave the campfire, make certain that it is completely out. Smother the coals with soil. Pour plenty of water on it to make sure the coals are cold.
  • Never place non-burnable items such as glass bottles and aluminum beverage cans in a campfire ring. Such items pose a safety threat to both you and to the next visitors who use this campfire ring. Thank you for properly disposing of glass and other non-burnable items in a trash receptacle.
  • During dry periods, all campfires may be prohibited.

Thank You for Being a Courteous Park Guest.
Have a Safe and Wonderful Visit!

This information was provided by Beavers Bend State Park and does not contain all state park rules and policies. The park office has a complete listing of this agency’s rules and policies. Their number is (580) 494-6126.